If you need to get a hold of me after this class, there are two main ways:
- Make an appointment if you need a meeting with me or anyone in my department: guides.nyu.edu/appointment
- Email me if you have a question you suspect I could answer over email: email@example.com
Some useful NYU Libraries resources:
- General data management best practices: https://guides.nyu.edu/data_management
- Data and programming oriented classes: https://guides.nyu.edu/DS_class_calendar
- All data sources the Libraries collects: https://guides.nyu.edu/az.php?t=10177
- UNIX Tutorial for Beginners: eight simple tutorials which cover the basics of UNIX / Linux commands.
- Learn Bash Scripting:
- A Beginner’s Guide To the UNIX Command Line: a lesson from the Ohio Supercomputer Center.
- Tutorial: Introduction to Unix/Linux: a lesson from NYU’s High Performance Computing team about using the shell with our HPC infrastructure.
- Pro Git book: The entire Pro Git book, written by Scott Chacon and Ben Straub and published by Apress (available in many languages!).
- TryGit: enter git commands in-browser to help reaffirm beginner git skills!
- Git: The Simple Guide: step-by-step Git tutorial.
- Think Like A Git: for someone who’s been using Git, but doesn’t feel they really understand it.